The Consular Section receives passport applications on Mondays from 10hrs to 13hrs. Applicants are to note that making false statements for the purpose of acquiring a passport is an offence punishable by law. Applicants for Ghana passports must be Citizens of Ghana and documentary evidence is required. Those with Dutch nationality must provide evidence from the IND that they are allowed to hold both nationalities.
- Applicants must submit a completed Ghana Passport Application Form on sale at the Embassy for €25.00
- Processing fee of €190
- Applicants must submit four (4) passport size photographs (full face) taken not more than three (3) months from the date of application.
- Applicants must also provide both the original and photocopy of Birth Certificate (authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration in Accra) and an affidavit.
- Application for a new passport to replace missing passport/lost passport must be accompanied by a police report in addition to the above requirements for new application.
- Application for a new passport to replace a damage passport shall be supported by copies of the passport in addition to the usual requirements for new application.
- Application for a new passport for a child must be supported by a birth certificate and one of the parent’s Ghana passport. The processing fee is €90.
- Evidence of residence in the Netherlands is required
- Such applications take eight weeks to process.
2. Renewal (expired and exhausted pages)
- Applicants renewing their passports must complete a Ghana Passport Application Form on sale at the Embassy for €25.00
- Applicants must submit the completed form with four (4) passport size photographs (full face) taken not more than three (3) months prior to the submission of application.
- Applicant is also required to attach the old passport and pay a processing fee of €90.00 at the time of submission.
- A period of eight weeks is required to process such an application.
All APPLICANTS INCLUDING CHILDREN MUST SUBMIT APPLICATIONS IN PERSON AT THE CONSULAR SECTION. From 10hrs to 13hrs on Mondays only. All payment must be made in cash only.