The Consular Section receives passport applications on Mondays from 10hrs to 13hrs. Applicants are to note that making false statements for the purpose of acquiring a passport is an offence punishable by law. Applicants for Ghana passports must be Citizens of Ghana, will be required to provide documentary evidence as proof of citizenship and will be interviewed. Applicants with Dutch nationality must provide evidence from the IND that they are allowed to hold both nationalities.
- Applicants must complete a Ghana Passport Application Form on sale at the Embassy for €25. and submit the application same day at the Embassy.
- Processing fee of €190.
- Applicants must submit four (4) passport size photographs (full face) taken not more than three (3) months from the date of application.
- Applicants must also provide both the original and photocopy of their Birth Certificate (authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration in Accra) and an affidavit.
- Application for a new passport to replace missing passport/lost passport must be accompanied by a police report (if the report is in Dutch, it should be translated into English) in addition to the above requirements for new application.
- Application for a new passport to replace a damaged passport shall be supported by copies of the passport in addition to the requirements for new applications.
- Application for a new passport for a child must be supported by a birth certificate and one of the parent’s Ghana passport. The processing fee is for a child is €90.
- Evidence of residence in the Netherlands is required
- All passport applications take eight (8) weeks to process.
2. Renewal (expired and exhausted pages)
- Applicants renewing their passports must complete a Ghana Passport Application Form on sale at the Embassy for €25.00.
- Applicants must submit the completed form with four (4) passport size photographs (full face) taken not more than three (3) months prior to the submission of application.
- Applicants are required to attach their old passport and pay a processing fee of €90.00.
- A period of eight weeks is required to process such an application.
ALL APPLICANTS INCLUDING CHILDREN MUST SUBMIT APPLICATIONS IN PERSON AT THE CONSULAR SECTION. APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BETWEEN 10HRS to 13HRS MONDAYS ONLY.
All payments in respect of consular services must be made by debit card “PIN”. Cash payments will only be accepted on the last working day of the month.