Passport Application Guide
Biometric Passport Application Guidelines
The Consular Section has begun the issuance of Biometric Passports. Please visit https://online.ghanaembassy.nl for application procedures.
Please note that applicants for Ghana passports must be Citizens of Ghana, and are required to provide documentary evidence as proof of their citizenship during an interview. Applicants with Dutch nationality must provide evidence from the IND that they are allowed to hold both nationalities.
- Applicants must complete a Ghana Passport Application Form online and submit the application together with relevant documents such as Birth Certificate, copy of old passport as in the case of passport renewal.
- Applicants should upload their passport-sized photos as well as the original and photocopy of their Birth Certificate (authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration in Accra) and an affidavit.
- Application for replacement of a missing passport/lost passport must be supported with a Police Report in English (if the report is in Dutch, it should be translated into English).
- Application for a new passport to replace a damaged passport shall be supported with copies of the damaged old passport.
New Applications for Minors
- Application for a new biometric passport for minors must be supported with the birth certificate of the child.
- Copy of a parent’s Ghana passport.
- A consent form and/or letter (available at the Consular Section) signed by both parents.
- Evidence of residence in The Netherlands.
Renewal (expired and exhausted pages)
- Applicants must upload a completed passport application form and a passport sized photograph (full face) taken not more than three (3) months prior to the submission of the application.
- Applicants are required to upload a copy of their old passport and submit.
- Applicants will have to make appointment to furnish their biometrics at the Consular Section of the Embassy.
- All passport applications takes a minimum of 16 working days.
All payments in respect of consular services must be made online with credit or debit cards. Payment may also be made at the Counter of the Embassy by PIN.