Travel Certificates / Lassez Passe
A Travel Certificate is usually issued to a Ghanaian national, who is not in possession of a Passport, but must travel to Ghana at short notice or in an emergency.
The document is for a single journey to Ghana only and cannot be used for a return journey to the Netherlands and is valid for one month only.
The Consular Section receives applications for Travel Certificates on Mondays from 10hrs to 13hrs.
- Applicants are required to produce proof of Ghanaian Nationality such as photocopy of passport, original Birth Certificate or Baptismal Certificate.
- Applicants are required to appear personally at the Embassy for interview.
- Applicants must submit a completed Travel Certificate Application Form (available at the Consular Section) and two (2) recent passport photographs (not older than 6 months).
- Evidence of impending travel is a necessary requirement.
- A processing fee of €100 is charged for this service.
- All payments in respect of consular services must be made by debit card “PIN”. Cash payments will only be accepted on the last working day of each month.