Visa Application Guide
With effect from 1st September, 2015, visa applications must be made online before submission of original documents for inspection at the Consular Section on the Appointment Days. The manual application procedure has been phased out since 30th September, 2015. Please ensure that you print out your application form if it is an Emergency Visa Application. For regular applications, please print out your appointment date and time which is available after a successful application.
ALL PAYMENTS ARE BY PIN (DEBIT CARD) ONLY.
Interviews and applications for entry visas are conducted and submitted at the Consular Section only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10hrs to 13hrs after an online submission and appointment. Please allow three (3) working days to process applications before collection. You will be issued with a collection slip after your interview. An Emergency Visa attracts double the normal fee, and may be processed on the same day of the application on the Visa Days. Emergency Visa applicants must still apply online and select Emergency prior to their coming to the Embassy on the VISA DAYS for submission of ONLY original documents.
Please note that an error on your application which results in an error in the issuing of your visa will invalidate your visa. You will be required to re-apply and pay the full charges for handling the new application. Applicants, who notice that they have made errors on their applications, must notify the Consular section via email of the error, before or after filling out a new application. Failure to do this may result in an error in the issuance of visa for which the cost will be charged to the applicant. Applicants who cannot attend interviews must cancel their appointments. All applicants must upload their supporting document on the online visa application platform and bring along ONLY the originals for inspection. Visas, once issued, must be used within three months from the date of issue. Applicants are advised to plan their trips accordingly.
Non-Dutch Passport holders with a valid residence permit must submit a current original extract (not older than 6 months) from their municipal population registry (Uittreksel uit het gemeentelijke basisadministratie persoonsgegevens; GBA).
Additional Information for Specific Visas
Business Visas: Applicant’s in this category are required to submit in addition to the above, a letter from the applicant’s organisation in the Netherlands stating, among other things, the reasons for the visit and a supporting/invitation letter from the applicant’s Business Associates in Ghana. Please use the names and business addresses of Business Associates as your references in Ghana. Multiple entry visas are applicable ONLY to Business Visas.
Visitors/Tourist Visas: Applicants are required to provide names and residential addresses of two (2) references in Ghana, one of which may be the Hotel where the applicant will be lodging.
Study Visas: Applicants for Study Visas must support their applications with a letter from their Institutions in the Netherlands stating the purpose of the visit and financial means whilst in Ghana. A letter of acceptance from the Institution in Ghana is also required. For reference purposes, applicants should use the name and address of the Institution in Ghana as their reference.
Volunteer Visa: Applicants in this category are required to submit in addition to the above, an invitation letter from the organisation in Ghana stating the reasons for the visit and a supporting letter from the applicant’s organisation in the Netherlands.
*Employment Visas: Applicants are required to submit and upload, in addition to their application, an Employment Contractand a proof of Grant of Employment Quota in Ghana. The originals must be presented at the Consular Section.
Visa Application Requirements
- Applicants should be legally resident in the Netherlands
- Applicant should submit a duly completed visa application form online, upload supporting documents and copy of bio-data page of passport in pdf format, upload a passport size photograph (NOT more than 1MB) taken not more than three (3) months prior to the date of submission.
- A printout or actual printed copy of the appointment letter generated after the online submission.
- Originals of supporting documents for inspection.
- A copy of a return ticket or print out of travel itinerary for inspection.
- In cases of Journalists and/or film crew, who are covering an event or shooting a film in Ghana, additional requirements are needed, which may include but not limited to, a list of filming equipment, location of filming, information about the filming project. The Consular Section will request entry from the relevant Ghanaian authorities on behalf of such applicants. After entry permission has been granted, such applicants may finally submit their visa application. Media personnel whose permits are not routed through the Consular Section will be asked to restart the process. Media Personnel must pick up forms to fill to apply for their permits. More information can be obtained by contacting the Consular Section.
- An international certificate of vaccination for Yellow Fever.
- Applicant’s passport must have validity of at least six(6) months prior to their application.
CLASSIFICATION OF ENTRY AND TRANSIT VISAS FOR GHANA
Diplomatic Visa (Gratis)
A1 – Ambassador, public minister, career diplomatic or consular officer and members of immediate family
A2 – Other foreign-government officials or employee and members of immediate family
A3 – Attendant, servant or personal employee of A-1 and A-2 classes and members of immediate family
B1 – Temporary visitor for business or official trips
B2 – Temporary visitor for, tourism, holidays and normal visits to families and friends
C1 – Alien in transit
C2 – Foreign government official, members of immediate family, attendant, servant or personal employee
D – Crewmen (seaman or airman)
E1 – Personnel of companies of countries who have investment treaties with Ghana
E2 – Immediate family of the personnel
F1 – For Students / Study visits
F2 – Spouse or child of student
Voluntary Workers Visa (Voluntary basis/ Conference participants)
H1 – Temporary worker of distinguished merit and ability
H2 – Temporary worker performing services unavailable in Ghana
H3 – Trainee
H4 – Spouse or child of persons classified in H-1, H-2 or H-3
G1 – Principal resident representative of recognised foreign member government to international organisation, his staff, and members of immediate family
G2 – Other representatives of recognised foreign member government to international organisation and members of immediate family
G3 – Representative of non-recognised or non-member foreign government to international organisation and members of immediate family
G4 – International organisation officer or employee and members of immediate family
G5 – Attendant, servant or personal employee of G-1, G-2, G-3 and G-4 and members of immediate family
Media Representative or Press Accreditation
I – Representative of foreign information media, spouse and children
Exchange Visitors/Visiting Scholars
J1 – Exchange visitor
J2 – Spouse or child of exchange visitor
K1 – Fiance or fiancée of Ghana citizen
K2 – Minor child of fiancée or fiancée of Ghana citizen
L1 – Intra-company transferee (executive, managerial and specialised personnel continuing employment with an international firm or corporation)
L2 – Spouse or minor child of alien classified L-1
M1 – Vocational student
M2 – Spouse or child of vocational student
All payments in respect of consular services must be made by debit card “PIN”.
NOTE: Cash payments are accepted on the last working day of the month. Normal visa applications take four (4) working days. An emergency visa, which attracts double the normal fee, may be processed on the same day. Multiple entry visas are applicable ONLY to Business Visas. The following are the various fees charged for different types of visas issued by the Consular Section:
Single Entry Visa valid for 3 months (normal application) – €60
Single Entry Visa valid for 3 months (Emergency) – €120
Multiple Entry Visa valid for 3 months (Normal) – €100
Multiple Entry Visa valid for 3 months (Emergency) – €200
Multiple Entry Visa valid for 6 months (Normal) – €150
Multiple Entry Visa valid for 6 months (Emergency) – €300
Multiple Entry Visa valid for 1 year (Normal) – €200
Multiple Entry Visa valid for 1 year (Emergency) – €400
Transit Visa (normal application) – €60
Transit Visa (Emergency) – €120
PLEASE NOTE THAT VISA APPLICATION FEES, ONCE PAID, ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
The following categories of persons are exempted from obtaining entry visas to Ghana:
- ECOWAS CITIZENS: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote D’Ivoire, The Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
- Holders of Diplomatic/Service Passports of Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia, Singapore, South Africa, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
- Holders of Diplomatic/Service Passports of Brazil, Cuba, Germany, Iran, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) of China and Namibia.
- Holders of official passport of the African Union, Regional Economic Communities in Africa, United Nations and its Specialised Agencies, IMF, WFP, THE WORLD BANK, and AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK.
- Persons in direct airside transit